As COVID-19 forces businesses to rethink their office strategy, many are adopting a remote, work-from-home plan. This means making sure that your employees have the ability to remotely by providing the necessary devices and tools. Not only are safe online connections and laptops important, but multifunction printers (MFPs) are also crucial.
MFPs are perfect for offices and work-from-home situations because these multi-tasking devices can print, scan, fax, and copy which allows remote employees to collaborate easily with their coworkers. Also, MFPs come in a variety of models at a range of price-points that even the most frugal business owners would appreciate.
Below are tips on how to decide on the right MFP for your remote employees.
1. Business print requirements
- Does your business require a color printer or a black & white machine?
- How often and how much printing will occur?
- What size and print quality does your business require?
- How many workstations will connect to the MFP?
2. Total cost of ownership (TCO)
- The total cost of ownership of an MFP includes the purchase price as well as expenses incurred over time (such as maintenance, repairs, and consumables). American Lazer works with businesses to calculate TCO and advise on how to reduce ongoing costs during the life of your printers.
3. Environmental impact
- American Lazer, a green company, helps businesses interested in reducing their carbon footprint, choose among eco-friendly brands. Brands such as Kyocera, reduce its carbon footprint through manufacturing, distribution, maintenance, and disposal/recycling of MFPs.
- Energy Efficient machines are also good for the environment. Additionally, energy-efficient machines reduce overall print costs.
4. Service and reliability
- American Lazer and its divisions offer a Two-to-Four Hour Service and Supply Programthat guarantees a tech at your door within 2 to 4 hours.
5. Ease of use and integration
- Choosing an MFP that is user friendly is imperative, especially in today’s work-from-home environment.
- Additional items to be considered are USB connections, memory cards, Bluetooth, network integration, and any other software used to print documents in your office.
- MFPs that can be set up and monitored remotely will make onboarding new workers and managing numerous devices less complicated for your IT team.
Investing in the right multifunctional printer for your team is a significant decision. Do you need help assessing your current print operations? Contact American Lazer by clicking here.